The WiDS Pune believes our community should be truly open for everyone. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all members, partners, Interns, volunteers, speakers, organizers, staff, media, exhibitors, vendors and other guests (collectively, “Participants”) of the WiDS Pune 2021 Community free from discrimination for any reason including on the basis of gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, race, ethnicity, age and religion. This Code of Conduct outlines our expectations for Participant behaviour as well as the consequences for unacceptable behaviour for all WiDS Pune program, events, activities and projects.
We invite all Participants to help us realize a safe and positive conference experience for everyone.
All Participants are expected to: be considerate, respectful, and collaborative; refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behaviour or speech; be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow Participants – your fellow Participants may have a different level of comfort with respect to language and personal space; and alert WIDS PUNE staff if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress.
Unacceptable behaviours include: intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning conduct; offensive verbal comments including as related to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, race, ethnicity, age, or religion; inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces (including presentation slides); deliberate intimidation, stalking or following; harassing photography or recording; sustained disruption of talks or other events; inappropriate physical contact; and unwelcome sexual attention.
Unacceptable behaviour by Participants will not be tolerated. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behaviour is expected to comply immediately. If a Participant engages in unacceptable behaviour, the WIDS PUNE staff may take any action they deem appropriate, at their sole discretion, up to and including expulsion from WIDS PUNE without warning or refund.
If you are subject to unacceptable behaviour, notice that someone else is being subject to unacceptable behaviour, or have concerns that this Code of Conduct is not being followed, notify a WIDS PUNE staff person as soon as possible. All reports will remain completely confidential. WIDS PUNE staff will determine and carry out the appropriate course of action, and will be available to help Participants experiencing unacceptable behaviour feel safe for the duration of the conference. As requested, a follow-up report will be made to individuals who report being harassed.
We expect all Participants to abide by this Code of Conduct at all WIDS PUNE venues and WIDS PUNE-related social events. Participants seek to learn, network, and have fun. Please do so responsibly and with respect for the right of others to do likewise. Thank you for your cooperation in helping us maintain a friendly, safe, and welcoming conference environment.
1. Masks are mandatory
2. Only double vaccinations will be allowed inside the campus. Please carry your vaccination certificate for verification at the venue
3. Please carry a valid photo id for verification purposes and QR code with app installed for contactless entry and registrations at the venue
4. Please maintain social distancing at the venue inside the auditorium, booths and expo, cafeteria and as instructed by the organizers
5. Please do not visit or enter unauthorized areas other than the designated ones for WiDS Pune conference inside the Venue Campus
6. Please understand all safety and all emergency evacuation guidelines and follow them in case of emergency.
7. Sanitizers will be placed at different locations; please ensure you sanitize your hands.
8. This is no smoking campus. Smoking is prohibited inside the campus
9 Food and water is not allowed inside the Auditorium.